Friday, July 17, 2009

Our new apartment






I think I have already told you how we love the new place mainly because of the elevator. Boy are we getting old and tired fast. This two year mission is aging us about 10 years but no complaints right? I took these pictures of the new apartment but remember we ended up with left over furniture and "stuff" from missionaries who have gone home. Most places end up with an early attic and IKEA combination. The senior sister who lived here before us loved red so we have become very patriotic. Remember the Dutch flag is also red, white and blue. I did have to add a few of our own things just to make it look more like us. I took down all the maps and also all the Ensign pictures that were thumbtacked to the walls. That might be o.k. for some people, but I just could not handle that scene. I still love those picture but I would rather have them framed.

We do have an extra very small bedroom off the living room with beds so if any of you want to come and hang out for the weekend, you are welcome, we would love the company. We could even show you around in our little sardine can car and the branch could use a few people to fill all the empty chairs. Be prepared to probably give a lesson or a talk at the last minute if someone chooses to stay home from church. We just found out that the second counselor in the branch presidency is in-active and the first counselor and his wife have been called from groningen about 50 kilometers away to fill the calling. This branch is really struggling and we just hope we can be of some help here.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love the pictures. Makes more sense now what it looks like. I would hang out on your front porch too!