Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Holding my breath

I go in for a CT scan Friday to see if the Chemo has worked on the cancers.  When the results are in  the Doctors will then decide on what  steps need to be taken next.  Maybe more Chemo and then Surgery or just jump in and start cutting me open.   The original plan was for me to go for surgery when I was first diagnosed but then it was decided that perhaps Chemo first might be a better plan.   My surgeon had planned at first to remove my spleen, two sections of my liver, part of my stomach and part of the pancreas.    Another mass between my stomach and liver was too close to a main artery so it was going to be left alone.  Something that was very upsetting to me.    When the decision was made to start with Chemo first we all started praying that the treatments would shrink that mass enough to pull it away from that main artery.  

I know I am in the Lord's hands and pray that the Doctors will be guided to make the correct choices. We have friends and loved ones all over the world and in many Temples who are praying for us and I know their prayers are being heard.  

I am feeling stronger lately and have even started cooking meals (something I really enjoy)   We have some great cooks in our ward and I will miss their meals but now it is time for me to step up and take charge of the kitchen again because microwave meals just do not hit the spot  We will never be able to thank everyone for the love and support we receive constantly.  Not a day goes by that someone does not call, send a card, a text or stop by just to see how this crazy Dutch couple is doing.  I feel so loved.   How will we ever be able to show our appreciation for all the blessings and miracles we have received?

No comments: