Friday, March 14, 2014

Still plugging along

Yes, I did go into surgery and had a ton of cancer removed again.  Also I had my Spleen removed along with a lobe of my liver and a small part of my pancreas.   It took a long time because there was so much scar tissue to cut out that had developed since my last surgery in 2010. The surgeons were planning on just removing the cancer that showed up on the CT scan between my navel and my sternum but after doing some searching with a scope more cancer was found below the navel as well.  They were able to scrape the cancer off of my bladder, stomach, lymph nodes, small intestines and also the abdomen walls without doing too much damage.    They should probably just have installed a zipper last time that would have made it easier to access this time.     My incision is healing beautifully and so I will not have the same problem as last time of having to have wound care three times a week for 11 months.  Hurray for miracles.

I started up on Chemo again yesterday and am starting to feel the nausea along with the pain from surgery but I usually start feeling like a truck ran over me on the third day.   I am avoiding going to sleep so that tomorrow won't come for a little while.  I had better pull the crackers out of the cupboard and keep them on my night stand so I won't have to have Ben get up and get them for me.  He would be happy to do that for me but it would sure make me feel guilty.  Besides, he is doing tons for me and he needs his rest also.

We have tulips and daffodils coming up in the yard and I love all the green sprouts.  This is a great time of year to be recuperating and perking up. A good time to sit in the sun or take a short walk around the block.  Sunshine always makes me happy.

Thanks everyone for the great meals, cards, flowers, calls, visits, e-mails and prayers.  I know the Lord has heard all of them and I am planning on staying faithful to earn all the blessings and miracles we have seen again this time.   I am planning on serving again as soon as I am back on my feet.

No comments: