Sunday, October 21, 2012

O.K.  already, enough tears

This has been a very emotional week for me for some reason, I can start crying at the drop of a hat (or should I say tear?)  It's been really funny how everyday things can just set me off into being a total wreck.  I can hear a song that reminds me of a special moment in my life, see something in our home or neighborhood, smell a flower or a spice while I am cooking and it immediately reminds me of something in the past.   I have had a beautiful life and I have so many wonderful memories of spending time with Ben and the kids.  My greatest joys have been watching my children as they were growing up and learning new things or just plain being themselves and teasing each other.  Why couldn't those moment last longer?   When Ben's parents came over on Monday nights for family home evening they would just sit and watch as our "little ones"  played and performed or sometimes just danced around to the music Ben had playing on the stereo.  I wondered how in the world grandma and grandpa could possibly be so entertained by just everyday activities.  Now that we are grandparents ourselves I can totally understand the trill of watching all of that going on.   We have done the same thing.  Watching our grandchildren with all those different personalities and talents is a real joy.  I can only imagine how Heavenly Father must feel watching us interact with each other and I don't think he is always pleased with our actions but he loves us regardless of what we do in this life .  He sent us down here to learn and to make choices.  Hopefully those choices will be good but sometimes we just plain goof up.  We can still return to him and he will hold us in his arms and welcome us home.  What a great reunion that will be.  

O.K.  I will try to stop crying now because we have way too much to do to get ready to go. We only have this week to get our act together and heal.  We also have to get our thoughts together because we are speaking in church Sunday.  I reminded the Bishop that we spoke when we left on our last mission and would that not be enough?  Well you know what the answer was.  (They are always scrambling for speakers) By the way, if you want to come and warm the benches Sunday, our meeting starts at 9:00. 

 We are definitely planning on heading for the MTC on the 29th come Satan or high water.
 

No comments: