Sunday, May 11, 2008

Getting started

Since We are just starting this blog, it may take a while to get you up to date.
Yes, we have been called to the Belgium,Brussels,Netherlands mission. We go into the MTC on Jul 28th 2008
Are we happy to go there?, of course. We both grew up in Holland so this is like going home.
Some of our relatives back there are still alive (they may not look like it, but that is probably a family trait) We were able to visit a couple of them last summer when we went there for a vacation. We will try to find more of them when we go back. (They are probably hiding from us. )

When I say "We are going there" I may be a little premature. As of right now, the FBI is rejecting me. Just me, Hubby is just fine. It seems that all my homemaking skills have worn off most of my fingerprints. Honestly I really did not use that much acid and sand paper, at least that is how some mob members do it, I pretended to use cleaning products. My fingerprints have been taken several times. With ink, and even digitally. Even the last time the fella taking my prints(His name is Jesse, a very nice young man with tattoos all over his body and more piercings than a colander, his hair was even longer than mine and I would have killed for that much stuff on top), told me they were not better and to expect them to be rejected. Well he was right. I have even called the FBI in V.A. and they told me to contact the Belgium consulate to see if they would settle for something else. So far NOOOOO!!!!!! I may have to be smuggled into the country in a crate. Oh! and another sour note. I will be turning 65 while out of the country and I need to enroll into MEDICARE. Is that not for old people? Just because I look it doesn't mean I feel like it. I never cared how old I was getting but now everywhere I go they automatically give me the SENIOR DISCOUNT. How dare they? O.K so I'm saving a few bucks but do they have to yell it out loud so that everyone in line behind me can hear it? Show a little compassion. Well off to church and the Mother's day program so that all of the mothers can sit there and feel like we were bad mothers. If I hear just one person tell us how their mother never raised her voice or lost her cool, I will walk (no run) out of the building pulling out what hair I have left. Just because my kids turned out does not mean I get the credit. I was just sent a good (but crazy) bunch. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you perfect mothers, especially all of my daughters, daughter in law and all their friends who I would love to have adopted. Love You

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Iris - How fun that you have started a blog - and a great start too!! I love that you and my mom are "hanging out" at water aerobics.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so excited that I can follow along on our adventures!

Kimberly said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too mom. I don't think we were naturally good kids, I really think you deserve some credit for it. Love you!