There is a chance we may not get out of this mission thing after all. The Belgium government may just settle for a background report from our local sheriff, along with the letter from the FBI stating that they could not read my blobby prints. So today we headed back to the Sheriff's office, they checked back 5 years to see if I had been "picked up" for any shady activities. So far none could be found so we are officially sending in the papers for a VISA. I did have to bribe our previous bishop with some cookies. (He is a Captain over something or other out there). Baking skills do come in handy once in a while.
I think we should have opted for a stay at home mission, it would have been so much easier than jumping through all the hoops. Not only that, you get to sleep in your own bed and live a regular life. Too late to think of that now. We are locked in for 23 months. I sound like I am complaining, but the truth is, if we would have been rejected, I would have been pretty upset. I am really looking forward to this new adventure.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad they didn't discover your wild and crazy past.
I'm excited for you!
Post a Comment