Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Scarlet and Justine update

Scarlet and Justine are really coming along. They are studying everything they are given together and that is good. Both Mom and Justine are really catching the vision. (Did I tell you that the reason her name is Scarlet is because her mother loved "Gone with the wind" She had seen it 74 times before she died. It had been her favorite movie for years. ) Back to the story. Last Sunday they showed up again for Sacrament Meeting. We thought she had to work so we were not expecting her to show up. We really only asked her one time to come and she has now shown up 3 times. She asked if I would be there every week because sometimes Justine has a lot of homework and would have to stay home. Scarlet said she would come as long as she doesn't have to sit alone. I told her I would always be there. At least for another 21 or so months. The people in the ward have come up and said hello so I'm sure in no time she will make friends. Tonight we talked to them about how the Holy Ghost is a comforter when we need him. I was able to share how I have felt him as a comforter in my life and it seemed to touch her. Sometimes words just come out of your mouth and they seem to be just what is needed at the moment. Wonder who does that? We sure went home feeling good about the evening. Scarlet offered to say the prayer just before we left and she mentioned that she appreciated the Missionaries spending time and how she wants to continue the feeling she has experienced through reading the book of Mormon, and the literature, and how she has felt that her life has changed so far. She says she is able to handle stress better now and is more thoughtful of others. She is so kind to all the people in the care center where she works I don't know how she could be any kinder. She says she wants to continue on this path. I hope we can help her along in some small way. Guess what, the dog did not try to eat me tonight. Either he is getting used to us or maybe I am just not as afraid as I used to be. Dogs can always tell when I'm around and they can sense my fear. I must be getting better, (and maybe I'm getting help from above)

No comments: