

We had a chance to visit the American WWII Monument and Cemetery in Limburg, Nederland. Ben had visited there about 47 years ago and wanted me to see it also. It was an amazing sight to see. It is on a quiet country road away from all the traffic and noise. When we walked just around the large monument in front, the view took my breath away. Seeing all those white crosses and some Jewish headstones all standing in a row was just a little more than I could handle. I thought of how each monument and cross represented a family back home who had lost a loved one here in Europe. Do the people here really appreciate what happened so many years ago? How soon they forget who brought them their freedom. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of our boys in uniform. (Our son being one of them) We may not agree on all the reasons for them to be spread out all over the world but I take my hat off to those loyal soldiers and their families who have given their time and even their lives for us and all those people all over the world they are trying to protect. I am one who will NEVER forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment