Saturday, March 7, 2009

Stop and smell the flowers



I love all the colors of early spring flowers. You could not imagine the rainbow of blooms all around us. Last week school was out because of "crocus vakantie" and I know now why they call it that. Everywhere you look you can see yellow crocus poking through the grass, because that is where they all seem to be planted not just in flower beds. I will miss my daffies and tulips in our yard back home but I know we will see plenty of them here. I have a few bulbs in a pot that started blooming this week. Even all winter we could buy bunches of fresh flowers in the markets for just a few Euros. I have already bought some flower pots and dirt for the balcony in anticipation of the geraniums coming to our local flower stand. All you snow bunnies eat your heart out.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

It is supposed to snow tomorrow. I am so jealous of your flowers! Why does Utah go from Winter straight to Summer. We really need a long Spring.