Monday, March 30, 2009

Yet another baptism



Yes we have many of them here. Anterwerpen is becoming famous in the mission because of all the baptisms. Pres Woodland is thrilled. George is a great man with a good heart. I could tell that the first time we went along to teach him. We found out yesterday that it was his birthday and what a great day to be baptized. I'm sure he will not forget this day. We now have a group of African "boys" who can chum around together. It will make it easier for them to stay strong and keep coming. George is the one in the light sweater. Of course John had to part of this celebration and also Jelmer our new member from Holland who was able to baptize George. This was Jelmer's first baptism and he did a great job. It was touching to see the two of them hug when George came up out of the water. Also Jelmer has another reason to be happy because his new bride will be arriving this week from Brazil.

I have also added a picture of me and Merian. If you remember she was baptized along with her two daughters about 6 months ago. She keeps coming and has been called as sec. in the young women.

1 comment:

Mich said...

I see what you mean about the grey in your hair, but I have to say, Mom, you look really good in this picture. You are radiant!