We have been sitting on pins and needles for over a month now waiting for our precious visas.
Each day we attack our mail carrier and grab whatever he has for us just to check for the good news we have been waiting for. We even considered bribing him with cookies to get him to pull some strings. Today we could not wait any longer, I called the missionary dept. and talked to our very pregnant, not so happy, not too enthusiastic little gal who is supposed to get all this "stuff" in order. When I got her on the phone, she casually mentioned that "Oh by the way your visas are here and you will get them along with your passports in the cute little packet when you arrive at the MTC you will be flying out at your scheduled time, Have Fun on your mission" Hello---- did she not know that we were waiting? We assumed they would be mailed to our home. She could have called us or sent smoke signals or something to let us know. And what did she mean with "Have Fun" I don't think that Having Fun is one of the duties of missionary service. Joy maybe but Fun?, I don't think so. We were told that if we did not enjoy our mission it would be our fault. I am sure we will have some joy and rejoicing while there, I'm sure there will also be some moments when we will wonder what we had gotten ourselves into. I do really know that this is the most important adventure we can take at this time. Leaving will not be easy and missing everyone will be very difficult but the rewards so far have been tremendous. We have already seen some great miracles in our family and I know this will not stop.
Now back to packing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on the visas- I guess you're not part of the mafia after all. But just maybe, your histeria of the visas chaos was clouding your judgement, causing you to freak out at the "have fun" comment. Why wouldn't you have some fun? While that isn't the 1st mission priority, if you don't have any fun you may just crack!
Hooray for the Visas! Now you need a mastercard to go with it.
Post a Comment