Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 3

Is it only day three? It seems like much longer, my feet are killing me.

Last night we had a devotional and all the seniors got reserved seats in front. It was great to hear over 2000 young people singing behind us. What a powerful force.

Today was the day all the new missionaries move in. There were over 300 new ones today. Boy did they look green. At least we did not have to wear a little red dot to tell everybody we were newcomers. I do love the way the seniors are treated. There just are not enough couples willing to go and serve. I had no idea how much we are needed all over the world. There are only four couples in our group who will be serving outside the U.S. Some have to drive clear to the east coast with a car full and then find their own housing. All of that will be taken care of for us.

Looking forward to getting on to the real thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!

Becky said...

I love you guys. Thanks for being so great. I'm excited to hear all about your adventures. It's strange to think that I've been home almost a year. I'm jealous that you're just beginning! I love you!