Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back to Brugge






It is so great that we have to go and inspect apartments because then we get to see other parts of the mission. Yesterday, back to Brugge. I love that town, not that I would want to live there but because of the old homes and bridges throughout the town. The church dates back to the 1600's and I don't know how old the port is. It was just about a half block away from the church and looks like it could have been an entrance to the cemetery. Of course I had to add a bridge scene.

After the apartment check which was a joke by the way, how can some people live in such chaos? No wonder some Elders are depressed. Which comes first the depression or the disorganized life. I think there is a close relationship there if you ask me. Attention Moms! Please teach your boys to get their acts together before you dump them at the MTC so that the Mission President and the Senior Couple don't have to do your job. Maybe the Moms did teach them and they are only being rebellious who knows? Really guys, the spirit can not dwell in such turmoil! O.K. off my soap box.

Back to "After the apartment check" we drove west to the ocean, it was only about 15 minutes away and we had not seen the waves for a while. It was beautiful even without the sun being out. It is interesting to see tons of people walking along the beach in heavy coats, hats and gloves. Not the typical beach scene.

Going back to Antwerpen the GPS took us along a different route. I think the road they directed us to was really just a bike path and not wide enough for another car to pass. Thankfully we did not meet anyone coming from the other direction because we were not in the mood to swim.

No comments: