Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chaos



At family home evening with Slivka and the children tonight, we had to fight the new puppy for space on the couch. When it was time for the children to decorate the cupcakes I brought we finally had to put the mutt in his cage. I think you all know by now that I am not fond of dogs and one that jumps all over me really makes me nervous. I just hate it when people tell me "Don't worry he won't hurt you, he will just lick you to death" Thanks, I can think of a more pleasant way to die. Every time we go there it makes me so upset to see the way they live. Can this woman not get it through her head that all that dirt and junk just junks up their minds as well. I have finally decided that helping her to clean up the place just does not really help at all. We will never see the bottom of the pile because more gets added everyday. If you look closely you might be able to see the topless fish aquarium on the dining room table. Slivka does not want to move it to another place because the cats (last count eight of them) might not be able to find it to get a drink. There used to be three fish in the tank but who knows if they are still alive or not. They never eat at the table because it is never cleared off. So meals are just eaten on the run or on the floor in front of the T.V. We are now up to 10 bunnies in the shed and I don't know how many rodents in the numerous cages in the hallway. How does she feed them all and the children too?

O.K. Off my soap box. Slivka gave the lesson tonight and she was well prepared so I have to say I was very proud of her. Little Lian (lee-on) did not really want to participate by giving the opening prayer but she did perk up when questions were asked that she could answer however. Somehow the children have learned some things along the way in Primary and it was good to hear them talk about Joseph Smith and baptism. Little Safi (saw-fee) is such a cute little boy I wish we could take him home and out of that welfare environment. I know he could really make a life for himself in the world because he is eager to learn and is so lovable. It was good that 13 year old Jeffery was at Soccer (called football here) because he always seems to invite the spirit to leave when he walks into the room.

Slivka and the children did not come to church today because they were invited to attend the Catholic church with her mothers friend so there were only 2 children in Primary this morning. Slivka did say that she really missed coming to church and that she could not feel the spirit at all where she went. The children said they missed coming to Primary. Good for them. This branch is so small but the spirit is always strong and it makes people more willing to participate. There is no falling asleep in church here and never mind if you do not want to be part of the program. Participating is unavoidable and that is a good thing.

No comments: