Wednesday, October 22, 2008
It can't be us
When ever a light goes on while talking to investigators I know it is not because of something we said but because the spirit is talking to these people. Today while visiting with the Williams family we presented the law of Tithing and Fast offerings to them. I wondered how they would react. This family is not well off financially. A single mom raising two girls living in a horrible apartment with neighbors stealing light bulbs out of the hall sockets (which by the way is just a bulb hanging on a bare wire dangling out of the ceiling) has to wonder how in the world she is going to give up 10% of her meager income as a hairdresser, but she did not bat an eye. You know that this woman had to feel the spirit to be able to agree to something as difficult as that. All we could really do was testify to them about what we have experienced and for some reason it seemed to strike a cord. I am so amazed at some of the miracles we see everyday. I can't believe how our prayers have been answered from knowing what to say to being able to find a place, or even being protected on these crazy roads with wild drivers. Happily we make it back home in one piece every night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment