Saturday, August 8, 2009

Elbow Grease



I found this fantastic old coal bucket (kolen kit) in a huge second hand store just a few kilometers from the Oppermans. We will be visiting them weekly so I will just have to stop by the store each week right? Ben is trilled. The place is run by a small group of folks in the village that help people who are "down on their luck" mostly people who are "enslaved" as they put it by drugs. Everyone there volunteers several hours a week in the store as well as working at the "farm" The people there are very friendly and I always get into a discussion with someone when they see my name tag. I have not yet been able to hand out a Book of Mormon, but I have plenty of time. I will just have to keep coming. The bucket took some elbow grease and it will still need a few more hours of polishing but I'm working on it. I even found a great old tapestry to hang on the wall instead of our wild IKEA contraption hanging there now.

No comments: