Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I can never think of a quick answer when I need it.

While paying for my purchase at the local hardware store today the checker asked if I saved "fly miles" stickers that are given out with each purchase. Before I could answer however the man standing right behind me said in broken English. "You can faster go to de Lord met fly miles dan met dat" pointing to my name badge. I just had to chuckle and I could not come back with anything clever to say so I just smiled, wished him a good day, paid for my purchase and walked out. I wish I could have thought of something to knock him out of the water.

Ben reminded me of the story of two of the first missionaries who were sent to England in the 1800's They were teaching a group of people on a street corner when a man in the crowd yelled out and asked how many wives Brigham Young had. One of the missionaries just said "I don't know, but when I get to heaven I will ask him" with that the man yelled out"Brigham Young is not going to heaven" The missionary replied "Then you ask him"

No comments: