We went to Slivka's house tonight for family home evening and what an evening it was. Little Safi who is 6 years old said the opening prayer and the little fellow did a great job. Lian who is 9 also did a good job with the closing prayer even though she had to be persuaded to do so. Jeffery age 13 did not show up until we were ready to go home and that was O.K. with us. This fellow really really has an attitude and a bad temper to match. Things are only going to get tougher for this young mom. We did have a lesson on the first vision and I was amazed just how much the children knew. Mom was pretty with it as well.
I don't know how often we can go there without totally loosing it. This home has to be THE filthiest place we have ever been in and we have been in some pretty pathetic places. She has 6 or 8 cats and the whole place smelled like a litter box. She had some rodents in a cage and I just walked by them without really looking so as not to freak out. I had the children help me in making cookies and I really had to bite my tongue. Cat hairs all over so needless to say, we did not eat any. The children loved it and the mom appreciated it as well. We don't know where to begin to help this woman, she had us leave through the back yard so we could see the rabbits, (eight of them) and the flowers in the yard. There was enough garbage and junk all over to fill a dumpster so the flowers really did not stand out that much. We are really going to need some guidance in knowing what we need to do. Slivka is very willing to learn but all we have to do now is figure out our plan of attack. Right now I just have to head for the shower.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment