We spent the day with Lyudmila's children so Mom and Dad could go to Amsterdam to check on housing and a new job. I hope everything turns out well for them. It will be difficult for the children to change to a new school but at least Lyudmila will feel safer. Nicole who is six is doing well in school and learning both Dutch and Fries but Daniel who is four is having a difficult time of it. He understands Dutch when we speak to him but he will only respond in Russian. He has been a very sad little boy for the last few weeks because I think he can tell that there is something not quite right at home. He will not speak Dutch to his teacher either but he is being encouraged to try a little harder. Jegor age two just smiles and gives great hugs. He will be starting school shortly. I think they start children in school way too soon but my opinion does not count.
We are expecting yet another storm tonight so hopefully it will be a mild one so church does not have to be called off again. It just does not seem right to be home on Sunday. I really need the shot in the arm. We make visits all week long but rubbing elbows in church just makes life so much better.
We will be traveling again this week because of interviews with our mission president and apartment checks. We are really adding up kilometers on our little car and gas prices have taken another hike. I'm just glad we don't drive a gas guzzler.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment