Saturday, February 2, 2013

Are we in Babylon?

After spending the morning with a young mother who is having some  major problems in her marriage,  I felt I could not really help her without  assistance from the Lord.  I am spending more time on my knees this mission than I did the last.  Satan has some very subtle ways of entering the lives of the people here.  I assume it is the same all over the world but I am the one that is being asked to help in this situation.  I knew when they called me as relief society president that I would be confronted with difficult situations but not in such a way as this.

I met with the stake relief society president later in the day and she informed me of the many programs available here for just about any situation in which people find themselves.  She told me that the government has such an abundance of ways to help people that there is really no need for the church to jump in and help.  No wonder the saints here do not understand the blessing of serving others.  We have visited people  when a nurse comes in every evening  just to take off their elastic stockings.  She comes back each morning to put them on again.
The more labels a doctors applies to a person the more help and money he or she is able to receive.  Therefore many of our members have so many problems that they really don't think they can contribute to the needs of others.  Our branch president told me that most of the members here are either sick or think they are sick so I can just forget about getting any help anywhere. I was told that taxes are so extremely high that 50-60% is not uncommon. They have to be in order to pay for all these programs.  But....the money has to run out some time doesn't it?

This government is disabling the people to a point where they will not be able to work or contribute to society.  Only the ones willing to work are keeping the non-workers alive, and how long will they be willing to play that game? Here they call it socialism and people tell us that Christ would want us to take care of the poor as He did.  I don't think he went around  stealing from  the rich just to help the needy.  Is the U.S. heading that way?   I hope not. 


I found a statement made by John A. Mc Alister, son-in-law of Pres. Lorenzo Snow. 
He said this after returning from a mission in his native Scotland.

"Although my father was in prosperous circumstances when he left for America and a home with the Saints of God, if ever I felt thankful to my heavenly Father for our deliverance from Babylon, I was ten times more so then, as I saw the wickedness, corruption and the temptations to which I should have been exposed by remaining in that country". 


I think I can make the same comments. Hearing all the stories in meetings and speaking to the saints in addition to seeing what is shown on T.V,  I  realize that I am grateful to be calling Utah our home.  I know things are not perfect there and I would assume it will go down hill quickly but we are at least a bit behind. So how do we protect our children and grandchildren from all this evil?



No comments: