Sunday, March 17, 2013


Nobody grows them like the Dutch.

 I got a notice in the mail advertising Keukenhof.  "THE" most beautiful flower garden park I have ever seen.  Millions of bulbs are planted and replanted there each year and people come from all over the world to enjoy them.  We have loved having them in our own apartment for some time now and I will keep buying them as long as they are available. .





We are having a special guest day at church next week.  Our mission president and his wife will come and speak and we are all encouraged to bring friends and family to join us.  There will be a pot luck lunch after and that will be a good way for people to get acquainted.  The branch  president and I are somewhat concerned about what will show up in the food trough so I am trying to make sure we have some real food instead of just store bought cookies and pound cakes. I am making enough soup for about 50 people and am planning on bringing rolls and meats and cheeses. I asked one of my counselors if she could help and suggested that a fruit plate and veggie platter would be nice.  She thought about it for a minute then said: "good idea, I will bring a cucumber"  wow, thanks.  When you live in a society where everything is done for you by the government it becomes very difficult to learn to do things not only for yourself but also for others.  We really can not lay the blame on the people because they were brought up in the system.  I really don't want to do it all but how do I get it through their cute little skulls that serving others brings joy?


No comments: